Eric Henderson with Dynafit North America introduces the ALL NEW “Radical CR” ski touring boot in this Sneak Peek on the Ski prophet’s YouTube Channel, SkiGearTV.
DYNAFIT’s OFFICIAL PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
“A 4-buckle polyurethane ski touring boot with the best downhill performance of any ski touring boot currently available. More downhill-orientated skiers will enjoy being able to tackle even longer tours.
The new Radical offers highly technical solutions to guarantee optimal cuff rotation. The result is a progressive flex and excellent downhill performance at a weight normally reserved for Pebax and/or 3 buckle boots, but in a more affordable package.
Compatible with Dynafit bindings and all other ski touring bindings. This version is available with the new Custom Ready liner designed to provide immediate comfort, thermal insulation and enhanced durability.
Radical is our new ski touring boot which has been engineered to provide outstanding ease of use. it guarantees incredible touring, both during ascents thanks to a cuff rotation comparable to the best ski running boots, out-of-the-box comfort, and the excellent thermal insulation provided by the new custom ready liner, as well as during descents thanks to the polyurethane construction and 4-buckle closure system, which ensures enviable progressive power transfer and precision. the new Motion lock system makes transition from ski mode to walk mode even easier and more intuitive, and when combined with the revolutionary ultra lock strap the opening of the cuff power strap can be achieved in an instant.
1) motion lock system. the patented ski/walk system used in the radical model is the easiest to use of those currently available on the market. it can be locked into the ski position (two positions of 15° and 21°) or left free to allow for rotation of the cuff in walk mode.
2) spoiler internal radical. the rear spoiler slides freely inside the cuff to enable full cuff rotation. when the ski/walk mechanism is locked, it becomes a single structure with the cuff which provides enhanced downhill performance. the friction caused with the liner is also reduced ensuring better heel lock.
3) sole. the dynagrip ultralight sole has been engineered to guarantee maximum grip on all terrain types. the pu footboard, which runs from heel to toe, is lighter than rubber and offers perfect thermal insulation.
4) dynafit Quick step-in. the exclusive patented quick-step-in insert ensures a 70% improvement in precision when stepping into bindings.
5) Tongue. the tongue in the radical range has been designed to adapt anatomically to the shape of the foot and leg. it is high enough to provide excellent edge control when skiing, while the bellows guarantees the flexibility necessary to walk comfortably during ascents.
6) Magnesium Buckles. the buckles are manufactured from magnesium and are the lightest currently available on the market. the catch plates situated on the cuff can easily be adjusted to three different positions. in addition, when buckles are completely open in walk mode, the buckle wires can be secured using a special catch.
7) ultra lock strap. the ultra lock strap guarantees maximum performance from the boots, ultra-precise ski control as well as improved comfort by completely eliminating extra space between tongue and shin bone, and thus reducing shin bash.
8) Liner custom ready. our super lightweight custom ready liners guarantee enhanced comfort, a harder-wearing interior as well as a longer-lasting exterior.
Weight: 1.830 gram (size 27.5)
Sizes: 25-31 (+1/2 sizes)”