Eric Henderson with Dynafit North America introduces the ALL NEW “Radical ST 2.0” ski touring binding in this Sneak Peek on the Ski prophet’s YouTube Channel, SkiGearTV.
DYNAFIT’s OFFICIAL PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
It’s been 30 years since the TLT system arrived on the scene and DYNAFIT is adding another chapter to its success story. The Radical 2 Series is setting new standards. Based on the revolutionary new design of the BEAST, the Radical Series has been enhanced in collaboration with extreme skiers and mountain guides. In other words, we have a system made by ski mountaineers, for ski mountaineers – a milestone in ski touring binding development.
The final death knell for frame bindings. We are proud to present the new standard
for frameless bindings. The Dynafit “Radical ST 2.0” is a further evolution of the Radical ST. Its simple operation and increased safety, due largely to the rotating toe piece, at last makes the frameless system accessible to all backcountry skiers. The “Radical 2.0 ST” means — more so than ever – that no valid argument remains for frame style AT bindings.
1) Perfectly coordinated and precise toe- and heel-unit release mechanism.
2) Pivoting toe piece for optimum combating of pre-release following sudden impacts (patent pending).
3) This binding design provides high lateral force absorption when subjected to dynamic strain.
4) Ultra-low binding height allows direct boot-to-ski contact.
5) Forward lean angle between front of foot (toe piece) and heel (rear) = 3.5° (16mm front, 29mm rear).
6) Extra-wide binding surface area via new, wider binding rail/ baseplate. Also bore-hole template designed in line with maximum norm dimensions, for optimum power transfer on to the ski.
7) Forged aluminium cover plate for stable engagement of climbing bar and connector plate to the housing through a positive-fit design.
8) 10mm forward pressure for length adjustment when ski is flexed.
• Pivoting toe piece for optimum combating of pre-release following sudden impacts (patent pending)
• Ultra-low binding height allows direct boot-to-ski contact
• Extra-wide binding surface area via new, wider binding rail /
baseplate. Also bore-hole template designed in line with maximum
norm dimensions, for optimum power transfer on to the ski
• 10mm forward pressure for length adjustment when ski is flexed
RELEASE VALUES: 4-10
7075 forged aluminum